1. Who we are
Glissando is a UK digital music marketplace that offers classified adverts for the buying and selling of musical instruments, equipment, and services. To provide you with the full range of Glissando products and services, we need to collect and process information about you.
- the Glissando website at glissando.co.uk (the ‘Website’)
- social media or official Glissando content on other websites;
- our mobile devices and applications (‘Apps’)
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence, and in person.
For the purposes of this Policy, the data controller is Glissando (registered in England and Wales) and whose registered office address is at Glissando, postal address upon request.
Our Privacy Promise
Glissando (‘Glissando’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is committed to protecting your personal information, being transparent about the data we hold and wherever possible giving you control over how we use it.
It’s important that you read this policy to understand the information we may hold about you, how we use it, and how you can access or update your information, modify your preferences, or request deletion of your personal data.
- What information Glissando collects about you;
- How Glissando collects and uses information about you;
- Whether Glissando discloses your details to anyone else;
- The choices available to you regarding the personal information you provide to us;
- When and how your data may be shared with third parties.
Amendments and updates to this Policy may be made from time to time. Any revisions will be posted on this page so you will always be aware of the information we collect. Please review this page regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
We use your information in line with all applicable laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information from time to time in force, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and 2011, and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), and including any amendments or updates to these and any equivalent or successor applicable laws and regulations.
2. Information collected and how we use it
Glissando collects the following information:
Information you provide when you place an advertisement on the Website
As part of the advert placement process on the Website, we collect your name, telephone number, email address, and postcode, as well as details of the item you wish to sell, payment details (please see below) and your IP address.
- We use your name and email address to register your account and place your advert, confirm that your advert has been published, and send you service communications about how to access and manage your account (available within the ‘My Glissando’ section of the Website) and your advert. You can access the ‘My Glissando’ area at any time to update your details and can also change your options regarding marketing communications from Glissando and/or third parties that you have selected in this area. We will only use your information for marketing purposes where you have given us specific consent.
- We use your postcode to provide a positioning of the item and/or service you advertise within our database, this allows potential buyers to locate items and/or services for sale or available within a set radius of their chosen location.
We may also use the information you provide for internal business records and purposes, including to analyse and develop our products and services and the Website.
We use certain features in our advert placement process to protect the privacy of our customers when they are communicating with potential buyers via phone or email.
For customers placing adverts, we also provide a customer-to-customer email service that allows Website visitors and potential buyers who view your advert to contact you via a link displayed on your advert, without disclosing your email address. We use this to disable any potential harmful links that may expose you to fraudulent activity. The use of the customer-to-customer email service is mandatory for us to maintain security of our Website. We reserve the right to monitor and retain all communications via the email service for security monitoring purposes.
Information you provide when you browse or use services on the Website
You will need to supply your postcode in order to use our search facility. We will use this to present adverts matching your search criteria with the distance from your selected location.
When you use the Website we will also collect your IP address.
Information we collect if you use our Mobile Applications
If you choose to download or use our Mobile Applications, or access one of our mobile optimised sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device.
We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services within the mobile device’s settings. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your device.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide and administer the Website and related services and manage internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, and to develop the Website and our products and services.
- Generate an overall audience profile of visitors using the Website. We use this information to assist us in developing relevant content on the Website as well as encouraging music trade advertisers to place adverts for their stock or promotions on the Website.
- Provide customers who have opted-in to receive marketing communications, with relevant and timely offers by email.
- Identify the location of visitors, to block disruptive or fraudulent use, to establish the number of visits from different countries.
Lawful basis we use to process your information
We process your data based on the lawful basis set out below. We may process information you provide based on more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using it:
- Contract: To enter into a contract with you and fulfil our contractual obligations to you (e.g. to publish your advert). This processing is necessary for us to provide the service you have requested including registering and managing your account and providing service updates and our support services.
- Consent: To provide information and take actions in relation to services which you have opted-in to receive. This includes where you specifically request for your details to be passed onto a third party, or where you opt-in to receive relevant marketing communications from us (e.g. industry news and offers).
- Legal Obligation: Where processing is necessary to comply with legal or statutory requirements on us. This may include cooperating with police in relation to their investigations.
- Legitimate interest: To improve our Website, products and/or services, understand how visitors and customers use our Website, products and/or services, undertake market research and inform our general marketing, to run our business and maintain the security or our Website and services for you, us and other Website visitors and customers.
Where consent is required for us to process certain types of your personal data, it must be clearly given. You may give us your consent to receive our marketing communications and/or when you use the Website to request services provided by dealers.
Where you have given consent for Glissando to process your personal data you may withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will cease processing your data based on that consent but this does not affect any processing we have undertaken at any time before withdrawal.
4. Disclosure of your information
Glissando will not pass on your personal data to third parties except as set out in this policy or with your consent. We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purpose(s) and in the following circumstances as part of our processing activities:
- We may use service providers to help us run the Website or services available on the Website, some of whom may be based outside the EEA. Some of our web pages use plugins from third party platforms (such as the ‘Facebook Recommend’ or Facebook Gestures’ function). Information about your visit to the Website may be collected by these third party providers on these pages. If you browse these pages whilst still also logged in to your account on the third party platform, information collected by the third party may be connected to your account on the third party platform. If you have queries or require more information on how these third parties use information, including transfers outside of the EEA, please read their privacy policies or contact them.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our terms and conditions and any other agreements.
We are not responsible for any use of your personal data by these parties except where they act as our processor.
5. Where we store your personal data
Glissando uses strict procedures and security features designed to prevent any unauthorised access to your data that we hold.
6. Retention period
Glissando will process personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for, including the purpose of legal, accounting and reporting requirements, and for as long as necessary for the prevention and detection of criminal activity. The period for which we process and store the personal data for varies depending on the use you make of the Website and the products and/or services we offer. Where you register an account or place an advert we will retain your data for as long as your account and/or advert is live and a period after your account is closed or advert ends to enable us to satisfy our legal, accounting and reporting requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Right to be forgotten below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
7. Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. In the event that Glissando refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – in certain circumstances you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing, automated processing, or profiling.
- Right to complain to the supervisory authority – you have the right to complain as outlined in paragraph 8 below.
Please email email@example.com if you have any queries regarding your rights. You can exercise your rights as set out above or by emailing us.
8. Complaints and Contact
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Glissando (or third parties as described above), or how your complaint has been handled, in the first instance please email your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the UK supervisory authority which is the Information Commissioner’s Office and can be contacted via the details at www.ico.org.uk.
If you have any questions regarding the use of your personal data please contact us at: email@example.com